Have you given your independent sales reps CRM licenses so they can access CRM directly, rather than going through the Portal? Do you want them to have visibility only to the accounts, opportunities and leads that they are personally working?
The following steps will help you achieve this via the use of Access Teams:
- Create an Outside Sales security role, defining the level of access that independent sales reps should have to Accounts, Leads and Opportunities.
- Assign the Outside Sales role to the independent sales rep users.
- Enable Access Teams on the Account entity and on the Lead entity. (Opportunity is enabled out-of-box).
- In Access Team Templates, create an Account Sales Team Template and a Lead Sales Team Template, mimicking the out-of-box Opportunity Sales Team Template.
- Build custom functionality to “Add New External Team Member” to the Sales Team (Connection entity), to allow Contacts to be added to the Sales Team sub-grid for Account, Lead and Opportunity.
- Add a custom field to the Contact entity to store Independent Rep User. This field should be a look up to the User entity.
- On the contact record for each independent sales rep, populate the Independent Rep User field with the corresponding user value.
- Build a plug-in that will add/remove the associated user to/from the Access Team when the Contact is added/removed to/from the Sales Team on an Account, Lead and Opportunity.
This setup should give your independent sales reps just the right amount of visibility into your CRM system!
About the Author:
TopLine Strategies delivers the complete integration and development of sales, marketing and customer service technologies that enable corporate clientele to improve revenue streams and strengthen customer interactions. Our project management and consulting is designed to achieve timely delivery, 100 percent user adoption of the technologies we implement and deliver measurable returns on investments for our clients.